Popular Posts

Monday, April 18, 2011

My Pretty Little Bee Keeper

I am a proud parent.  It's official.  My daughter, Natalie, is a bee keeper. She won a scholarship for youth bee keeping, here in the Austin area.  This weekend, she finally received her bees.  I've got to admit, I am a little squeamish around bees. In support of Natalie's hobby and endeavor, I am working on overcoming any anxieties I might have regarding bees.  As a child, I was definitely a "Bee Magnet".  They were always stinging me.

This weekend, my husband welded together the stand for her Hive Body.  We paved a little path for her to walk on, since it's sitting way back in our property.  It's a cute little set up for Natalie.  Good thing we finished this little project on Saturday, because she dumped bees in later the same day... with my Sister's help, who is a veteran bee keeper and her sponsor.











Below, are the 2011 Youth Bee Keeper's Scholarship Recipients.  Natalie is the one in blue.


Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! My dad has bees on his farm. I hope to have some in a few years but I'm like you they make me nervous!! Your daughter is brave:)

    ReplyDelete