Popular Posts

Thursday, March 31, 2011

My daughter, Natalie, and I have been busy in the kitchen.  I posted the Orange Rosemary Glazed Chicken recipe last week.  It looked so good, I couldn't wait to try it!

The pictures below were of the first step with the chicken.  (The recipe called for chicken breast, but I happened to have thighs in the freezer, so that's what I used.)  I rubbed the chicken with seasonings, mostly consisting of Rosemary and Orange Zest... with other spices.  Then, brown in a skillet.  This is how the chicken looked after browning... still not thoroughly cooked.




Below is the glaze, consisting with mostly Orange Marmalade, Orange Juice, Red Wine Vinegar, Chicken Stock... and more spices.  This was boiled and then simmered.



While I was working on the glaze, the chicken was baking.  Towards the last part of baking time, I basted the chicken with the glaze, then continued baking until chicken was completely cooked.


The End Result, which I must say... was absolutely divine!



My Natalie worked on the Dessert.  Chocolate dipped bananas, covered with chopped walnuts, drizzled with more chocolate, and topped with stawberries.  Definitely a delectable dessert that wasn't a belt buster!



Natalie made this wonderful strawberry lemonade, made with the real stuff!  She's my health conscience sweetheart that is making sure we have enough of the good things in our bodies.  We just love her so much for taking care of us!




That was our dinner.  Another satisfying success for my family!

(The complete recipe is on my last post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment